Living Small Is A Good Thing
Go Small House And Live Your Life!
That is what we did a few years ago. We left the big house and moved into a much smaller place. Since then, life has been much better. In fact, so much better than we ever dreamed it would be.
In general, what has improved is
- We have the time to do the things that we truly love to do. We aren’t spending all our free time running errands and doing chores.
- Housework takes approximately one hour (maybe two). That includes vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, washing floors, etc. All the stuff that we used to spend half the day doing – and that was just to get the basics done.
- House maintenance is virtually non-existent. There isn’t much house to maintain.
- Clutter? What clutter? We don’t have the room for many extras. If we don’t need it or won’t use it on a regular basis, we don’t get it. When we cleared out our large house before moving, we found that we had so much stuff that we never used. Some stuff we didn’t even know we had.
- The cost of living is so small. Utility costs are so small they hardly even count as an expense. It doesn’t cot much to heat or cool a little house.
- We have paid off most of our debt and are now able to put some money away each month. We can’t remember a time when we weren’t living paycheck to paycheck. It’s such a great feeling to have some breathing room when it comes to our income to debt ratio. We are finally getting ahead and see a day when we’ll be completely debt-free.
The video above is simple but it says it all. It was the best choice for us. The timing was right and we have absolutely no regrets.
Going small has done so much good for us that we enthusiastically talk to anyone about how we did it.