From Shipping Container To Small House
Although reusing and recycling a shipping container into a home is not a new concept, the one that I am going to talk about today is. They’ve taken the idea of RV slides and incorporated them into their home made from one of these containers.
Someone had a plan and recycled a rectangular box into a beautiful home.
When you see what they’ve done you’ll understand.
- It’s large at 40 feet long and approximately 8 feet wide.
- It’s got eight slides so that when it is stationary, there is twice the living area than when in travel mode.
- It’s modern, stylish and simple.
- The kitchen.
- The bathroom that includes a sink, shower, and a toilet.
- The bed.
- The living area, with sofa.
- A reading nook – office area.
- A closet and/or pantry.
With the combination of great design, a little more living space than many tiny homes, the fact that it is mobile (with the slides pulled in), it is sturdy and could withstand bad weather, and the fact that is built from recycled material are all a huge plus for me. The perfect not-so little tiny home.
It’s unique. It’s modern. It’s mobile. And it’s more than a great livable space.